OTR 5K & Summer Celebration This Saturday
The OTR 5k Run/Walk and Summer Celebration began in 2007 with a group of friends, residents of Over-the-Rhine and members of the Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce, as a way to invite Cincinnatians to see the Renaissance that was beginning in the neighborhood. The 5k Run/Walk started and finished on Vine Street followed by a day-long celebration on the corner of 12th & Vine. Only a handful of new businesses were on Vine Street at the time.
Today, there are more than 90 new businesses in Over-the-Rhine and the surrounding areas, and the OTR Summer Celebration now takes place in beautifulWashington Park. This historic park received a $46 million face lift two years ago, and is now the jewel in the Queen City's crown. If you've not been, this weekend is the perfect time to check it out. Run or walk in the OTR 5K at 10 AM, and then check out all the Summer Celebration has to offer until 4 pm.
Enjoy food from some of the cities finest food trucks and beer from Rhinegeist Brewery. There will be activities for the kids and plenty of local vendors and artists on hand for Art on Vine. In addition, the City Flea will be kicking off their 2014 season during the Summer Celebration.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, there will be tons of live music!
- The Cincy Brass (10:45 AM on the Event Lawn Stage)
- Margaret Darling (11:45 AM on the Bandstand)
- Buffalo Wabs & the Price Hill Hustle (12:15 PM on the Event Lawn Stage)
- Rob Fetters (1:00 PM on the Bandstand)
- Happy Maladies (1:30 PM on the Event Lawn Stage)
- Cincinnati Opera (2:15 PM on the Bandstand)
- Public (2:45 PM on the Event Lawn Stage)
- Noah Wotherspoon (3:15 PM on the Bandstand)
WNKU is the official media partner for the 2014 OTR 5K & Summer Celebration. We'll be on hand near the event lawn stage, so stop by and say hello!