News from WNKU
6:00 am
Fri November 15, 2013

Ohio Department of Health Urges Caution to Avoid Carbon Monoxide Exposure When Heating Your Home

The recent cold snap has many people across the region turning on their furnaces for the first time this season, and the Ohio Department of Health is advising people to use extra caution when heating their homes. O-D-H spokesman Robert Jennings says that hospitals are reporting spikes in the number of carbon monoxide exposure cases they’re treating. Jennings explained to WNKU’s Matt Kelley the reasons why there are so many cases reported during this time of year. (get more information www.odh.ohio.gov )